rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kuala Lumpur Datasheet + Game Guide

Kuala Lumpur Datasheet + Game Guide

Quote: (03-24-2015 10:47 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I ended up spending about a week in KL so I figured I'd add a review onto this thread. (If only interested in girls, its at the end).

Review
In a word: irritating.

There seems to be a pervasive 'general delinquency' throughout every aspect of the city. Everything and everyone seems to be irritatingly slow and inefficient. The traffic is basically fucked up at all hours. The trains don't cover much of the outer areas and I didn't find them that convenient, so I just stuck to Uber (which worked fairly well). I also heard that the trains there tend to break down often, which given the "can't be fucked" vibe of the city didn't surprise me at all.

Customer service in KL is something that has to be seen to be believed. Not only do they not try to help the customer, they actually have a 'fuck off' attitude towards the customer (especially the Indians, less so the Chinese). I've never felt personal anger towards a shop assistant for the way he or she was doing there job before I came to KL, and there I felt it often. I even had one guy basically say "yes I'm perfectly able to accommodate your request, but I am not going to under any circumstance". I felt slight concern that I was going to be unable to resist hitting him, and had to walk out immediately. Another guy stood deliberately ignoring me, behind the counter of a convenience store, and it took me getting right in his face for him to resume doing his job. Never have I witnessed such active cunt-like behaviour from paid customer service staff in my life. The owners of these places would do well to hire an additional staff member who's sole job it is to kick the shit out of the primary staff when they behave like cunts.

Other examples of KL delinquency include the hotel staff member telling me, in the elevator, that there was no cafe 'here or nearby', when in fact there was a 'cafe' sticker on the 3rd floor button, and an actual cafe on the 3rd floor. Also the laundry guy who had me pick out my clothes by eye from a massive pile, instead of being given them in a bag like everywhere else ever. Also a hotel telling me my reservation hadn't worked, until I pressed them with proof, after which they told me to wait 'for the system' (never had this problem elsewhere), and that they'd call me, only for me to have to check up on them after waiting 30 minutes. The internet in KL is also shit in a new kind of way - it is the first city that I have been unable to rely on '3G + wifi' redundancy to guarantee some form of internet connection. There was no way around it - both would fuck up, drop out, grind to a halt, even though they were independent networks, and the 3G was supposedly 'the best' telecom company (Maxis). There is also enough prevalence of English fluency to assume everyone speaks it (esp. the Chinese), but enough poor speakers to get pissed off by doing so. Also it's a country where they bullshit the prices, by quoting 'base prices' which exclude the '10% service charge' followed by the '7% tax'. Only other place I have seen this dipshittery was in Indonesia (and my review for that place is no more favourable). Also it was practically perfect for motorbike taxis - but there were none, I assume due to some government pricks passing a law.

That aside, the appearance of the city is decent. They've manage to get that right. It may be full of retards, but its a presentable city full of retards. The mix of people is also quite interesting. There are people far less commonly seen in East or South-East Asia, such as Arabs, Indians, and Africans. The hotels in the 4 and 5 star region are also good value.

With girls, there were quite a few good looking Chinese. I'd say the average hotness of the Chinese girls was slightly better than what I'd seen on the mainland (although my memory of that is a little fuzzy). I remember seeing a fair few I'd call 'hot'. There were many of the fair-skin variety, some of the big-tits variety, and many with pretty faces. The numbers were 'acceptable', but not 'impressive'. Perhaps if they made up 100% of the population it might have been better, because I saw almost nothing good in any other group. The Malays didn't even register. Yes I know they're wearing a cloak - but I can still see their faces, and never did I do a double-take. I was also hoping to have a crack at some Indian girls, but I only recall seeing one the whole time I was there that I would consider 'hot'. Beyond that one girl, the others wouldn't have even passed the boner test. Indian girls seem to have great difficulty not being ugly. Its like 99% of them are ugly and 1% are banging hot. On top of that most of the Indians in KL seem to be men, not women. Frankly if you want to bang a decent Indian girl, your odds are better in Australia. Oh well, I did fine with the Chinese. Also I saw next to none of the exotic Iranian girls I had been hoping to see, and the Arab girls were in full cloak.

On clubs and bars, the bars in Changkat are OK and heavy on the expats. Zouk is pretty good. It is basically 95% Chinese, but be prepared for 75% to be men. Butterfactory doesn't exist anymore, and has been replaced by some other club that is pointless visiting. The Skybar looked nice and had a broad mix of people, but I don't know how good it would be for picking up as I only visited briefly.

Would I visit again? Probably not.

Good breakdown Phoenix. +1 from me.

I have been to KL for a couple of weekends and really wasn't a fan. In fact I came back with a mate a third time for the Moto GP weekend but we never even bothered going into the city as it just weren't worth it. We just stayed at a budget hotel near the track and airport instead.

I had been to Zouk a couple of times. Thoroughly unimpressed. First time we got shit from the doorstaff going in, from what I could tell was purely just cos we were white. Despite the place being huge I can honestly say I don't think I saw one hot chick in there. I did get chatting to a semi-decent looking girl standing at a balcony near a table of guys. Was going well until security came over and moved me on because the table of guys didn't want me talking with the girl. Was she with them? No.

I had also bought a bottle with my UK credit card there. The barman seemed to take forever to process it. When I got back to the UK at Xmas I discovered he had cloned it and had been taking cash out at ATMs 3 times a day since on it. Luckily I (somehow) got all the cash back.

I hit up Changkat Bukit Bintang a couple of times and was fairly unimpressed tho it was ok, just massively overrated from what people had been telling me. Given the expensive prices tho the majority of chicks there seemed to be freelance hookers. The second time however me and my buddy picked up two pretty hot (and legit) chicks in a bar there. I got the hotter but mentally unstable one, we took them to Zouk. Again the doorstaff gave us a hard time (again seemingly cos we were white) going out of their way to try and cockblock the show only letting us in if we bought a bottle. I wanted to go elsewhere but my mate insisted on going in and said he would buy a bottle. They said ok but amazingly would not let the rest of us in until my mate went in (alone) and physically bought the bottle first and came out to prove he had done so. (I was REALLY all for going elsewhere at this point but my buddy was dead set on Zouk). In the meantime miss unstable was (quite rightly, tho perhaps not smartly) kicking off at the doorstaff about being pricks, I was just trying to calm her down knowing they were just looking for any excuse to cockblock the shit out of me. Then when my pal bought the bottle they let us all in EXCEPT my girl for kicking off. To which she stormed off and we were stuck with a full bottle of vodka and no chicks.

Tempted as we were to smash it over the head of doorstaff we went in had a couple of drinks, the girls texted us to let us know what bar they were in. Then we promptly snuck the bottle out of the club in my mate's trousers and caught up with them. Was going well but my chicks ex boyfriend showed up and thus the drama kicked off and that was that.

I could tell you a few other stories from those two weekends but its more of the same as you have already described Phoenix: customer service consistently a mix of ignorance, rudeness and epic levels of stupidity. So much so that on a few occasions I actually started laughing in their face it was that ridiculous. Another thing I must add is that KL has had the F1 grand prix for about 20 years now and it is still a total organisational shitshow. My pal is a massive F1 fan and goes every year, he even knows the guys who organise the airport hotel shuttle bus now. The same dudes been doing the same job for 20 years 'organising' a bus to go between the track and the airport (no stops in between). Still even now they haven't the slightest idea what is going on, half the time the bus gets lost, other times it cant get turned and you have to cross a 6 lane motorway (with central reservation fence) to get to the track. Get to the track, stone cold food which runs out 4 hours before the race even starts, people sitting on the steps of the stand. I could go on. And my pal says it used to be so much worse, they genuinely slightly improve every year.

I was all for never setting foot in KL again but I have heard recently a couple of decent clubs have opened up. Has anyone been to Providence yet? Would be interested to know what it's like. Looks not too bad from the photos.

Also some of the hottest chicks I have met in Singapore have been malaysian chinese. So I wonder where they're all hiding when I go out in KL?

Irish

Messages In This Thread