rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stepping to the next level

Stepping to the next level

Yeah my training changed a lot from the original post. I'm nearly done a Madcow 5x5 cycle with some added powercleans. I won't be able to do powercleans or the pendlay rows. I'm also going to be cutting weight and so far the 5x5 has been a bitch to do running on a caloric defecit (who would have thunk [Image: tard.gif])

I've heard a lot of good things about the 5/3/1 program. I also like how it has assistance lifts (5x5 was just 3 lifts a workout). The calc Ace provided has "offseason for conditioning" which sounds exactly like what I want. I've always put off doing cardio now is the perfect time to do it. Plus one of my hips has been really fucky and my back has been super tight (probably because I've been sitting 10+ hours a day hunched over studying). It'll be good to lighten the lifting load and work on mobility/flexibility.

I scoped out the gym and it has an indoor and outdoor track, swimming pool, tabata cycling classes, yoga. Where I'll be living looks like it will be easy to bike/walk around so I'll have to get a bike. Conditioning will probably be sprints/hillsprints, biking (tons of hills around here) jump rope, complexes and any kind of hiking I do. Should be easy to bust out a early morning bike ride, eat breakfast then lift + do more conditioning afterwards.

Messages In This Thread