rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to focus? EE or SA?

Where to focus? EE or SA?

I'm not trying to start another EE vs SA thread here, what I'd like some feedback on is whether any of you have chosen one route over the other and if you would have done anything differently in retrospect. I only have so much time and resources and what I would like to do is focus on one area ie. learning the language, women, culture, possibly pursuing potential job opportunities there in the future, and extended travel if not relocation to this area.

Earlier this year I'd determined that Brazil was my project. I began studying Portuguese and am in the process of planning a trip there for next year. My thought was that I could parlay Portuguese knowledge easily into Spanish after several years of study and open up the rest of S America (obviously of note is Colombia) as well as open potential career opportunities in wealth management or something along those lines as Brazil growth economically. Also of interest is gaining Brazilian citizenship along the way.

Now I've been having second thoughts. I've realized that the type of women I'm most attracted to (or at least from what I currently know about them and myself) are EE girls. I also find the EE cultures to be extremely interesting. Now I know learning Russian is no small feat, but what I'm talking about here is at least a decade of focused effort.

One of my goals is fluency in another language, and while that's not what I'm asking about here specifically, it obviously is a large component as so many of these datasheet and threads mention that fluency is a HUGE component.

The more I learn the harder the decision becomes, but being stuck in a stagnant state of indecision isn't going to get me anywhere.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Messages In This Thread