rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls in MBA program (or any professional program)

Girls in MBA program (or any professional program)

The women in b-school are miles ahead of most people analytically, and raw brainpower [esp other women]. I never saw any of them cry in public, or have a breakdown in 2 years. More guys that weren't doing Fin/Econ freaked out over stats and act'g than women did. Wayyy more guys had their ego popped by 'being ignored' as they found out they weren't as smart as they told themselves they were, esp when their group had women that were smarter. We had guys and girls fail out at my school.

BTW, the 80% you cite as going into marketing? You must not have had many of those classes, because they use a ton of statistical data in an analytical framework.

The woman who finished first overall in my class became a consulting partner at a Big Four firm before starting her own business. She was cute, quiet, studious, and drama-free. One of the 2 women in my group, had a consulting background, and joined a publicly-traded financing company, made several million, and 'retired' to do her own thing on 5th Avenue. We had a nuclear engineer from GE, a ChemE from Lilly, marketing gurus from SF, CPAs, bank managers, software analysts, bond sales, furniture designers - all women.

No top B-school has idiot 'broads' getting accepted. Sure, maybe 1-2 by mistake at most. More likely there will be way more dumb guys with family connections [$$$$ alumni] that sneak them in the backdoor. Probably 4-5x as many of those.

Besides, no one goes to B-school to 'learn' anything. I didn't learn a single thing I've used in the 10+ years since that I hadn't already learned in undergrad or working. You go to school for the network. Seems they were better at it than you, based on your description of job offers....pretty sharp for dumb broads.

Messages In This Thread