rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to totally destroy FAT acceptance.

How to totally destroy FAT acceptance.

Quote: (09-18-2012 03:47 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

I have been reading A History of Western Philosophy, and so have been pondering virtues and vices. Which leads me to this post. If you find yourself in a situation conversing with a fat apologist or someone promoting fat acceptance, just respond with the following:

"Since when were ignorance, laziness and addiction virtues in our society?"

Fat people are fat (barring the extreme outliers who have thyroid cancer), because they are a combination of these three things.

Ignorance:
They lack an adequate knowledge of nutrition.

Laziness:
They have some knowledge about what to do, but are too lazy to act upon it by eating correctly or exercising.

Addiction:
Many people are addicted to the short term "sugar high" and temporary satisfaction they experience from filling their stomachs. This is an actual physical addiction, brain chemistry and all.

All vices. There is no way to refute the above statement. Occasionally, you may get someone who will claim it is genetic - to which you can call them ignorant.

Enjoy.

Good in theory- but you need to remember logic tends not to work with PC ideologues because they view the world based on feelings, not facts. They're already trying to rationalize fat /= unhealthy with the "health at any size" bullshit.

Nevertheless, it's worth testing.

Quote: (09-19-2012 06:56 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

I'm surprised that the corn subsidy isn't a bigger issue in the US. A small group of corn farmers are being paid to destroy America, and the export of cheap corn syrup means that it's easier to get obese all over the world now - the United States is exporting obesity.

It's the biggest factor, no doubt. Some people do have genes that make them have a propensity for being fat but the shitty environment of the corn subsidies basically gives them no choice.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Messages In This Thread