rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan

Quote: (09-18-2012 03:09 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Any pictures of Kazakh women? I don't mean the models/actresses but rather girls on the street, at the clubs etc.

I imagine they have that Eurasian look.

I see learning Russian or Kazakh as a drawback. Although learning Russian might open up (hah) Ukraine and other CIS countries.

There is zero need to learn Kazakh as it would only help you in Kazakhstan. Only the native Kazakh people know the Kazakh language. The people that immigrated there from Russia and Europe all know Russian instead.

Learning Russian, which is extremely difficult (check the threads on this forum), isnt worth the time unless your planning to spend a lot of time in the FSU states.

Anytime I would speak English in Kazakhstan I would see lots of people staring as they vary rarely heard it in person. Whats weird was that most of the signs for stores were in English and some upscale restaurants would also offer english menus. The people in Kazakhstan that did know english were very embarassed by their skills and wouldnt use their english until they were comfortable around me. There were people that hung out in the same group with me that didnt admit they knew english until 2 or 3 times of hanging out. You have to assure them they are good and then they will speak more.

People 26 and younger will understand very basic english as they now learn it in school. The problem is they learn it like we learn foreign languages in highschool; they learn enough to pass the class but then forget it because they dont practice much. The people who are interested in Western Society will know more English. Dont be fooled when they sing every word to a rihanna song but then have no idea what any of it means.

For pictures, I'll check and see if I have any random pictures off the street.

Messages In This Thread