rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting into athletics

Getting into athletics

Quote: (09-17-2012 11:26 PM)cozos Wrote:  

Most people here are telling me to go for casual, intramurals, etc. That's fine,I guess. 20 is a bit too late to get into competitive athletics! Well it's probably possible, with a good amount of talent, and a shitload of dedication - but definitely not realistic.

If I have kids I'm gonna make them play sports instead of wasting their lives away on tv!

I joined a Muay Thai club today - that was alot of fun. There are actually unlimited options for casual sports fun.

I still need to find some sort of hobby to seriously pursue though... hmm

Being in your 20's is definitely not too late to get into competitive athletics. It'd probably be too hard to get to the point where you can compete at an elite level for varsity, due to the limited time you have left to get there though.

It's awesome that you joined a Muay Thai gym. I started boxing when I was 15, which is kind of late as far as the average fighter goes. It took me a few years to become a pretty damn good amateur boxer. Study the science behind it, and get your technique down first. Most guys want to get in there and beat the shit out of the bags, and they never really learn the proper way to throw punches, or good footwork. I was a super heavyweight in USA Boxing and my favorite fighter was El Finito Lopez, a guy that I weighed well over twice as much as. He was the closest thing to a "perfect boxer" that I've ever seen.

Messages In This Thread