rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Communicating with the less intelligent

Communicating with the less intelligent

Quote: (09-16-2012 04:08 AM)Joseph_Dantes Wrote:  

If you don't know what the OP is talking about, it means you're within 1-2 SD of the mean IQ. At gaps greater than 2 SD communication becomes difficult. Fact.

I've read similar things elsewhere but this is a useful and original take. Vox at alphagame.blogspot.com says the same thing.

This sort of post always gets shouted down by equalitarians and dummies - not identical groups.

Sometimes intelligence comes with social facility, other times it inhibits it. "I'm smart and I have no problem" is not a valid rebuttal.
Ya, I'm not getting all the negativity being thrown at the guy. He wrote a thoughtful post, and I can see that he was trying to help other men who may be in a similar situation. You can even see that he is trying hard to stretch himself to connect with guys for whom he doesn't share their interests. Personally I'm not capable of being interested in sports, and I think it is very big of someone to try to be knowledgable about sports for the sole intention of connecting with other guys.

Not all men are going to feel so disconnected and cut off from people of lower intelligence. That's great for you guys, and I envy you; socializing will come SO much easier for you! But MUST you give hate towards guys who just can't find in us any inspiration to connect with uninspiring men?

At least for stupid women, we can appreciate their tits. But what is the inspiration for guys that we can't connect with intellectually?

I met a guy in Thailand once and as we shared an interest in women, we exchanged yahoo messenger IDs. Sometimes we'd be chatting with the girls, and say hi to each other. Naturally I'd swing the conversation in the directions that I thought were interesting and provocative. He could not or would not follow me there. I later heard that he told some girls on chat that he thought I was "too serious". The guy was VAPID. I only deal with vapid with women. What's the point of a vapid guy? Useless to me.

Have you ever been at a party sober while everyone else is hysterically sloppy drunk? Being at the same mental level is a social lubricant.

I'm quoting this in the (probably false) hope that it might raise a little empathy for the OP. "If you don't know what the OP is talking about, it means you're within 1-2 SD of the mean IQ. At gaps greater than 2 SD communication becomes difficult. Fact."

It's very true. The gap can be quite isolating, and the OP is doing an admirable job working with that situation.

Messages In This Thread