rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Communicating with the less intelligent

Communicating with the less intelligent

I'm not perfect. I'm average height, and, if I hadn't invested years into fitness, I'd be slightly below average in terms of looks. I don't hesitate to say, however, that I'm above average in terms of intelligence based on the statistics (IQ test), and my general observations. That said, I realize that there are people out there who are far more intelligent than me, but they are a rare breed.

I've always found it hard to communicate with the less intelligent until fairly recently. I used to be on a totally different page and I could rarely connect with dumber people unless it was from a hierarchical position, i.e. alpha talking to beta or beta talking to alpha.

Some things I've noticed:

1. Less intelligent people have little curiosity about the outside world. This probably isn't too bad considering the sorry state of affairs of the world we live in, and that usually translates into high self-esteem and high confidence for the less intelligent since they rarely reflect on themselves.

I find that a lot of conversations tend to center around ego-stroking, whether it's two guys hyping one another up or one guy giving another some sort of pep talk. It's not a good idea to bring up critical insights, facts, or philosophical insight because they are unfamiliar with them. They perceive it as negativity.

2. A lot of things will fly over their heads. Their brains are slower at processing, so they cope by ignoring a lot of the information that comes their way. I used to think I was being ignored when talking to dumber people, but I realized that they simply did not understand what was being said. This was basically a death sentence when gaming dumb females because it would result in long silences that killed the pickup.

3. Know sports. Less intelligent men spend roughly 3 hours a day rewatching the same clips on ESPN. They obsess about athlete gossip in the same way women obsess over celebrity gossip. You can have fodder for an hour or two of conversation just by watching an episode of SportsCenter everyday. Also realize that a lot of men, quite literally, worship certain athletes. It's a kind of homoerotic affection that I have never understood.

4. You might spur insecurity in them. This is usually a problem for people who are of average intelligence. Dumber people probably never get the opportunity to be around extremely intelligent people so they don't understand intelligence gradation unless it's manifest in material possessions (i.e. an advanced university degree). People might see your intelligence as a threat, so it is a good idea to disarm their insecurities when you notice them sneering.

Please share your experiences and strategies. Let me put out a final disclaimer that not all less intelligent people manifest the points I've posted above. A lot of people (usually men), understand their strengths and weaknesses and play towards the former.

Messages In This Thread