rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Post about a manly thing you did today

Post about a manly thing you did today

Going to help a guy with his remodel later, mostly finish some rough carpentry stuff. I went and helped him on Sunday, so this is just continuing the work. Nice to get some productive labor in after working at a desk job all day.
- Pull up 3/4 hardwood top floor from what will be the utility room. Then pull up parts of the sub-floor (also 3/4 hardwood) and replace with 3/4 osb for new (not busted up) sub-floor.
- Tear out old window and reinforce the part of the window that would become wall. Me and him jacked up the 2nd floor joists in one room that wasn't properly supported by a header on an exterior wall. Jammed in an LVL header to support the joist and provide frame for new window (the window we'd removed). The joist still drooped, so he went and bought a couple 2x6s we'll double up to span the room tonight.
- Will probably help him run a bunch of electrical and install new windows.

I'm just starting to get into helping guys remodel for some extra scratch. I'm quickly realizing what I've always known. In the remodel/contracting business, simply showing up on time and keeping moving (you know, working) can make extra cash. I'm already providing hours beyond what I make, but it'll come around. My longer term plan (possibly happening in the next few weeks) is to start bidding out my own work.

Either way, I'm getting experience with remodels and learning some things (even if it's simply not being afraid of remod projects).

Keep moving, keep moving, keep moving.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread