rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazil business idea brainstorm

Brazil business idea brainstorm

Spot on! Just saw earlier today on the TV Globo news that Brasil are the most closed country among the G20 when it comes to ease of starting a business. As a matter of fact, they are ranked at # 67th in the world! Even Argentina who are thought as the hardest place in South America to open a business ranked higher than Brasil at # 63! India, ranked at it's easier to register and start a business as it ranked at # 64th. On that world ranking, the US came at # 38th, France # 35th, Russia 59th, China 57th, Japan 39th. And not surprisingly that Singapore and Hong Kong were the best places in the world to register a business.

Another thing that they said during that news bulletin was that the Brazilian government believes that the country must maintain its protectionist policies against imports from other countries because if Brasil were to open itself up, the Brasilian industry wouldn't be able to compete and this would cause a lot of harms to the country. I was quite shocked to hear that, specially from a country which is on the verge of transitionning into a 1st world country but who is still stuck with a 3rd world mentality.

The way I see it, is that Brasil is a goldmine, with tremendous opportunities for anyone who is bold enough to go there and make the investment of time and resources to learn the lingo, the culture and open their eyes and make things happen. I am very strongly considering going there in the very near future. I have been in talks with a Brasilian friend and future business partner about how to take best advantage of what Brasil has to offer, specially in the internet marketing world. It's absolutely mind blowing! That's all I'm going to say...

Quote: (06-07-2013 07:28 PM)pegador Wrote:  

After living here for several years, unless you're sure you want to PERMANENTLY move here, save your time and effort. Brazil is one of the hardest, most bureaucratic countries for starting a business. And, if you are following the news lately, not the best in terms of credit. S&P just put Brazil on negative watch. Remember, you'll also be earning in reais, which currently and probably for the foreseeable future isn't going to do that well against the dollar and other stronger currencies.

Brazil is an awesome place and I love it, don't get me wrong, but don't think you can start a business here easily. My advice would be to get a job, preferably with a multinational company and then just live here. Or, if you are planning on living for less than 4 months or so, work your ass off overtime doing whatever in the US or some country with a currency that has buying power, save it up, and then come here and enjoy.

Take a look at the link below.

http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/explor...es/brazil/

Of course, I'm just referring to legal businesses... if you want to do something on the black market, that's an option but for that you need some major connections, most likely with some pretty shady characters. Trust me, the novelty of living here wears off pretty fast. Come down, have a long-term vacation, see if you like the place, etc. but be careful about starting an actual functioning business that will make you a decent income. Whatever you decide, good luck.

Messages In This Thread