rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mitt Romney: "I’ll Keep The Good Parts Of ‘Obamacare’"

Mitt Romney: "I’ll Keep The Good Parts Of ‘Obamacare’"

I've noticed the economy is purely theoretical. For instant, the most hardcore right-wing economist, could present a compelling plan to a liberal. And the reverse is true.

Both have theories that look good on paper. Remember, under Clinton, the economy was very good - but the Republicans will claim the Republican controlled house is why it was good...the Democrats will claim Clinton did a good job. Bush had a Republican-controlled everything, but they'll blame 9/11 as to the economy collapsing...and on & on.

I'm not really political myself. I've come to the conclusion, just from watching enough political ads, only two issues really matter. Two concrete issues, with certain "floater" issues. While the economy is billed as the most important thing, it's really not what people vote on. (I personally believe the election is pre-decided but that's another story)

The issues that get people passionate about voting:

1. Abortion, or "Women's rights"
2. Gay marriage, or "Equality for all Americans"

Floater issues would be immigration, stem cells, price of oil, the remnants of the war, etc.

Yet, every piece of political propaganda mail I've received, and the majority of commercials, are centered around the abortion & gay marriage topics.

So, what we have...most people only vote for either party, because they are in favor of gay marriage/abortion, or because they are against gay marriage/abortion. When it comes to the home stretch, both sides work their hardest to paint the other side on the fringe.

You simply don't see nearly the same amount of zealotry surrounding any of the other issues, whether social or fiscal.

Messages In This Thread