rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are male tailors a dying breed?

Are male tailors a dying breed?

I'm also convinced that suits, and adult attire in general, will make a comeback. The whole casual office, West Coast grunge (or whatever it's called) movement is played out. I mean someone like Mark Zuckerberg has pretty much taken it as far as it can go. It's likely that the way he dresses now is not materially different from how he dressed when he was 12 years old. What can follow that? People going to work in their "jammies"?

A business for the future is a restaurant with an enforced dress code. Say jacket, and maybe tie, for men and something equally appropriate for women will be a success in a largish city.

As to the OP's original question. In many parts of the world I've found a fair number of Indian and Pakistani gentlemen tailors. Is there a large Indian/Pakistani community in your city? Used to be lots of Jewish male tailors as well, but they are indeed a dying breed. I know of a few, but a lot of them concentrate on various Jewish ceremonial/ religious attire.

As far as suits and other stuff from China and the East is concerned. I find it amusing that most people in the developed world buy cheap Chinese goods, that money then goes to a small number of people in industry and government in China. They then turn around and use that money to buy well made goods from European luxury goods companies like LVMH, Ferrari etc. etc.

Messages In This Thread