rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are male tailors a dying breed?

Are male tailors a dying breed?

Quote: (09-08-2012 01:25 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2012 01:18 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2012 01:15 PM)Deif Wrote:  

My uncles are successful tailors in their towns. In my town, which is a mid size American city, there are several tailoring shops.

A lot of tailors work in-house at high end department stores. Check those out if you're having trouble finding an independent.

There are a lot of older tailors working on doing alterations on already made garments, but not too many that are making suits from the ground up, which is what I think the OP is really getting at.

You can get basic alterations done at your local dry cleaners. Any seamstress will do for taking in shirts and tightening trousers or whatever.

Building a suit from scratch takes immense skill and dedication though.

I wasn't stating differently, but not everyone with the skills can simply go into business for themselves, so most of these men have been relegated to doing alterations. Some at dry cleaners.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread