rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm Successful at Game Because...

I'm Successful at Game Because...

I'm good at following advice. When someone with credentials in something that I want to achieve says do xyz, then I don't ask questions and just do it. I, like anyone, will be naturally inclined to disagree on certain points, but I'll make a conscious effort to suppress those thoughts.

I'm also good at honestly evaluating myself with no ego involved, which goes hand-in-hand with following advice. I'm sure I have blind spots like anyone, but I believe that I'm much more self-aware on an objective level of my true strengths and weaknesses than the average person.

The advice for achieving most things in life is readily available on the internet or at the bookstore, often in a compact and easy-to-follow format. There's virtually never a need to reinvent the wheel these days. Whether it's getting rich, learning game, dieting properly, learning how to cook, or a million other things, the information is readily available for everyone. The problem is that most people don't actually use what's right at their fingertips. They let laziness, emotions, or ego get in the way. The status quo is comforting and change is scary.

Since this thread is about game, I'll use that as an example. A lot of guys will read what's available here and on red pill sites, pick and choose what they want to apply to their own lives, then ignore all the rest. The thing is, and this is the critical part, they will then tell themselves that they are following all the advice and that they are red pill when in reality they are not. They will be completely oblivious to the fact that they are only following what's convenient for them to follow.

My rule has always been this: if a guy has vastly more experienced than me, and has accomplished things that I want to accomplish, then who am I to argue or disagree about anything? All I should do is shut up and listen.

This is most people's problem. They let their ego get in the way. They rationalize why a certain piece of advice doesn't apply to them, or just readily ignore it, then sweep it under the rug and act like they are actually following all the advice. If you try to confront them about it, no matter how overwhelming the evidence, or how logical and consistent your arguments, they won't budge an inch.

Take, for example, what I just wrote. "The problem is that most people don't actually use what's right at their fingertips. They let laziness, emotions, or ego get in the way. The status quo is comforting and change is scary." I will bet dollars to dimes that a lot of people read this, internally agreed, and didn't stop to think if it applies to them, when in reality it does.

This is the power of denial.

People truly are their own worst enemy.

Messages In This Thread