rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Quote: (06-15-2011 05:08 PM)Tim9000 Wrote:  

'Women don't want different-different, they want different-same, a better version of "standard"'

The "standard" you're trying to beat depends on venue type. You want to stand out as much as possible while still being "standard". Standing out in any other way makes you out of place. Think of an under-dressed man in a suited up spot. Or a suited up man in a bar full of flip-flop wearing 22 year olds. If he doesn't have his rolling luggage with him and a story about just getting off a plane to meet a friend, he's going to look silly there.

This is an important point to highlight. Women do not like men who are legitimately bohemian or otherwise don't fit in. I guess it's just an extension of them responding to social proof. They only respond to what's popular, acceptable, or what everyone else wants. Even the "douchebags" that roll out with spiking glue in their hair and popped collars or Ed Hardy t-shirts aren't being rebellious. It's a commonly accepted uniform these days.

For those of us who don't want to go the Affliction/douchebaggery route, being legitimately well dressed is probably one of the only ways to pull this off. Even at cheaper venues and dive bars I really don't see guys looking like bums getting ass. I don't think being suited down would actively hurt your game, especially if you have a good story to tell or have a legit high status job where you have to dress that way.

Messages In This Thread