rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bow Ties

Bow Ties

Quote: (08-26-2012 03:23 AM)Zeus Wrote:  

I have 2 bowties on rotation. It took me 2 hrs to learn how to tie them from you tube. Now they take me no longer than a regular tie.

They are definitely a show stopper and if you don't want it to look dweeby, you need tight style. Otherwise you're not going to rock it. Also, you need to be in the mood for it.

It is a great conversation piece. Countless babes want to touch it. I grab their hand and don't let them.

1 thing, real bowties are supposed to look messy. Don't bust an o ring trying to make it perfect. Make it like you just quickly tied it.

Have fun with it.

Don't know which youtube video you watched, but the one done by the guys in the clothing store in Charleston is the best tutorial on how to tie a bow tie I've ever seen.

I had forgotten about women wanting to touch it but you're right. And right to not let them.

Cameltoe- the bowtie with blazer and jeans is an excellent way to wear it-you look good ( no homo). One slight criticism though- it's better if your pocket square doesn't match your shirt exactly-that can look too careful and fastidious.(especially with a bow tie) The pocket square should either have a prominent color that is complementary to the shirt or tie color (see an artists color chart) or include a color that is the shirt or tie color. If you want to be bolder, you can even mix patterns-maybe a paisley pocket square with a striped shirt and a solid tie. This takes some experimentation but looks great when you can pull it off; I think with bowties it's better to be edgier than too conservative. I have some time today, maybe i'll put up some demonstration pics on this thread.

You guys are talking me into trying bowties again; although as Cameltoe says I agree they are best at semi-formalish events

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Messages In This Thread