rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving to Asia

Moving to Asia

I see many people grappling with this question over the years. I thought there's a magic number people have in their heads.

Some people opt for teaching, because it's an easy choice. However, if that wasn't related to your studies, then you're undercutting your talent and not using its fullest potential. This won't look good on your resume / CV. If you go nomad, you want to keep your skills relevant. Last thing you want is a black hole in your resume and explain you had to find yourself.

You're a (soon to be) university graduate. You have valid professional / STEM / Math skills. I only care about people with actual university degrees.

Presuming you work in finance, you would earn a good salary and be able save money.

If you're sacrificing your professional goals for living in anywhere (but the West) for 3 - 5 years, what's the bare minimum you would be willing to accept per month, working full-time for a company who gave all the freedom to live anywhere in the world?

You would do meaningful work related to your education but not make Western salaries.

The trade-offs are clear:

Decisions
A - Stay home, earn good salary, social life is sub-optimal.
B - Live anywhere, earn smaller salary, social life is spectacular.

Goals
A - Money
B - Social Life

Sacrifice
A - Financial Cost
B - Opportunity Cost

You're young, energetic and intelligent.

What's the monthly salary to be committed to B?

Messages In This Thread