rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stocks & Trading

Stocks & Trading

Quote: (01-20-2010 10:05 PM)kingkong Wrote:  

You are going to lose money if you don't do a lot of homework, and that homework is a terrible investment of your time when you could be focusing on a business achieving much higher returns.

I read this and I obviously sense pessimism. The thing is, as L'Etranger later brought up is that trading stocks allows one to work remotely from wherever you have a decent internet connection and your laptop, which is very attractive for me.

Starting a business takes a lot of investment of time and money, just like stocks, and is also pretty high risk depending on the field you are planning on entering.

I was wondering what kind of businesses you had in mind that would allow one to have some relative freedom, and if not too much freedom at first, would have high returns for the amount of time invested?

Of course being the middle man in the markets in one shape or another is pretty risk-free, but then again, getting into a firm can be very difficult at this time, and the amount of time people spend at work while working finance is quite a lot.

Messages In This Thread