rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Way of Men by Jack Donovan

The Way of Men by Jack Donovan

Unfortunately, I bought this book and am very disappointed.

First, I'll concede that I guess you can call it a masculine book. Don't let the author's homosexuality stop you from buying this.

However, for me the book was too narrow and didn't reveal anything I didn't know that I cared about.

The author probably is military or ex-military. He sees the world through that lens, and lens of violence or implied violence.

While that vantage point is useful to an extent, he doesn't really develop it much.

In contrast, an author like Robert Greene, author or 48 laws of power, will take a principle and explain it and show lots of examples.

There just wasn't enough to this book to me.

It reminds me of a phenomen I encounter among preppers. A lot of people wno take the red pill realize that the lies we have been brainwashed with apply not just to sexuality but to government, history, economics, etc. So I meet a lot of preppers.

If you talk to preppers, you'll discover there are a lot of different kinds. People who like guns are certain that when society collapses there will be an armed insurgency, and they therefore are stockpiling an armory. People who like gardening instead are investing in heirloom seads, farmland, etc. Somehow, there is a huge coincidence where the expected future matches each prepper's hobby.

I think something like that is going on with this book. Donovan is very militaristic and sees everyting in those terms. That's fine but he didn't really offer much to me with his viewpoint about how to live your life or improve your life or even to understand the world.

Messages In This Thread