rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Value of CPA?

Value of CPA?

Quote: (08-16-2012 06:20 PM)DiabloBravo Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Basically, I am trying to figure out whether its worth getting a CPA? Before I am eligible, I'll need to take some accounting classes (community college?) and then sit for the 3 step tests.

The exam is four parts plus a open-book ethics exam. My community college offers financial accounting courses and first semester intermediate accounting. You will need to take more accounting courses at a four-year university to qualify.

My questions:

- Is it a relevant credential for jobs? Anyone see a bump in pay? (How much)

This depends on the employer. You should get some kind of financial reward for becoming certified. The real bump in pay comes in when you become a manager and again when you become a partner.

- Anyone transition to working on their own? Location independent practice?

I haven't met anybody that has done this.

check elance.com to see if people are buying remote CPA services. I bet they are.

i have bought them in the past, mostly for bookkeeping and financial statement generation. i used to fed ex all my bills to a woman in some rural area and we'd chat online to go over things.

CPA is highly valued credential, imo. better than MBA but not as good as CFA. different though.

Messages In This Thread