rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

closing on dates with language barrier

closing on dates with language barrier

Quote: (08-16-2012 10:06 PM)polymath Wrote:  

If you're talking to someone who hardly understands you, what is the point of being bitchy? What is the point of playing games, throwing out shit tests, or any of that?
Back to foreign girls.... if you commit a faux pas or say the wrong thing, the girl will rationalize it as "oh, he's just a foreigner." As long as you come across as masculine and valuable, you get a lot more room for error than a local guy might.

Bingo.

As someone who has made good use of the "Gringo with unusually good Spanish" angle, I actually think it's a disadvantage to be 100%, native-speaker fluent in their language when hitting on foreign girls. Of course you want to be able to communicate as much of what you want to say as possible, but in my experience there is absolutely an added mistake buffer when it's clear that you're speaking a second language. She'll gladly tolerate a few fuckups and chalk them up to the language or cultural barrier when they would have been potentially fatal otherwise.

I think the optimum level of fluency for macking in foreign languages is when you can understand and express yourself easily and naturally, but you occasionally fuck up grammar or local expressions just enough that it's endearing.

Don't be afraid to make bold moves like pushing for early escalation or fast sex at a love motel either. If she's taken aback you have the ready-made bullshit excuse that this is how people normally act "where you come from."

Messages In This Thread