rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

closing on dates with language barrier

closing on dates with language barrier

Quote: (08-14-2012 02:09 PM)polymath Wrote:  

I remember reading about a study that said that couples who did a cooperative task (such as rolling a ball to each other while blindfolded) exhibited a better bond afterward than couples who did the same task without the need for cooperation (i.e., both people could see).

I think this applies for languages as well. People who struggle to communicate tend to establish better bonds, because the task of communication becomes one of patience and effort. She will be investing in you simply by talking to you. There will be plenty of opportunities for humor, but don't be intricate with your jokes (sarcasm especially can be lost in translation), and keep the conversation to something simple but universal such as music or travel or personal desires.

Now I know I'm not crazy when I tell people I connected more with girls in foreign countries who didn't speak English than American girls here in LA. My simplest explanation was that "they were more curious about me" or "we made an effort to get to know each other."

Messages In This Thread