rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help: Oral Candida/Thrush

Help: Oral Candida/Thrush

I had a problem with candida overgrowth.

First, your doctor should put you on an anti-fungal rather than an antibiotic. I'm not being pedantic for its own sake. Candida is a yeast/fungus. If you're not on an anti-fungal, your doctor fucked up.

Quote:Quote:

Fluconazole is used to treat serious fungal or yeast infections, such as vaginal candidiasis, oropharyngeal candidiasis (thrush, oral thrush), esophageal candidiasis (candida esophagitis), other candida infections (including urinary tract infections, peritonitis [inflammation of the lining of abdomen or stomach], and infections that may occur in different parts of the body), or fungal (cryptococcal) meningitis. This medicine works by killing
the fungus or yeast, or preventing its growth.

You need to repopulate your gastro intestinal system with probiotics and beneficial yeasts. You can do a ton of reading on your own.

Long story short: We have around 100 trillion yeasts and bacteria in our intestines.

The yeasts and bacteria are in constant competition. A yeast infection occurs when you have more harmful yeast than positive yeast.

If you have more beneficial yeasts and bacteria, then the bad yeasts get "crowded out."

So you need to completely repopulate your microflora. This will take months, not days.

The anti-fungal your doctor gave you should start to clear your thrush. But it will come back if you do not repopulate your gut.

Two that work really well:

1. Saccharomyces Boulardii

Saccharomyces boulardii is a probiotic strain that confers many benefits to human enterocolopathies and is used against a number of enteric pathogens. Candida albicans is an opportunistic pathogen that causes intestinal infections in immunocompromised patients, and after translocation into the bloodstream, is responsible for serious systemic candidiasis. In this study, we investigated the influence of S. boulardii cells and its culture extract on C. albicans adhesion to Caco-2 and Intestin 407 cell lines. We also tested the proinflammatory IL-1beta, IL-6 and IL-8 cytokine expression by C. albicans-infected Caco-2 cells, using real-time RT-PCR. We found that both S. boulardii and its extract significantly
inhibited C. albicans adhesion to epithelial cell lines

2. Probiotic blend (Garden of Life has an excellent one).

The extensive use of immunosuppressive therapies in recent years has increased the number of patients prone to or actually suffering from localised candidosis. As Candida species gain increasing resistance towards common antifungal drugs, new strategies are needed to prevent and treat infections caused by these pathogens. Probiotic bacteria have been in vogue in the past two decades. More and more dairy products containing such organisms offer promising potential beneficial effects on human health and well-being. Because of the ability of probiotic bacteria to inhibit the growth of pathogens and to modulate human immune responses, these bacteria could provide new possibilities in antifungal therapy. We summarise the recent findings concerning the usefulness of probiotic treatment in localised candidosis, as well as discussing possible risks of probiotic treatment and highlighting the molecular mechanisms that are believed to contribute to probiotic effects.

3. Cut out sugars. Sugar feeds candida.

4. Apple Cider Vinegar (there's a huge thread on this forum) might help. I haven't seen any scientific studies, but there are positive reports throughout the Internet.

5. Coconut oil is antifungal. I go through one of these a week. I cook with it, add it to my protein shakes. (It's solid at room temperature, so just put a tablespoon in a shot glass, then put the shot glass in a larger container of hot water to liquefy it.)

You are not in for a good time.

This is going to be a hell of a fight.

In any event, make sure your doctor has you on the right anti-fungal.

Do what he tells you.

He will not tell you about nutrition, even though there is a ton of research on candida.

I learned all of the above stuff when having sleepless nights. I'd spend dozens of hours on PubMed.

Doctors do not know shit about nutrition.

You must heal yourself from within. Drugs are not enough. You also have to repopulate your gut.

Messages In This Thread