rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"The Definition of Beautiful Does Not Require the Word Skinny," Apparently *BARF*

"The Definition of Beautiful Does Not Require the Word Skinny," Apparently *BARF*

Quote: (08-12-2012 05:28 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2012 04:54 PM)houston Wrote:  

American feminists have nothing better to do than this shit. Go to other countries and help women who actually need help instead of doing nothing from your laptop. What a joke.

I was watching TV during breakfast with my family and a commercial came on it said:

"The best person to understand the problems of a woman in the developed world is a woman in any other part of the world"
then it proceeded to show this lawyer chick reaching over and holding hands with a woman in iran, a woman in africa and other shitty places where women are actually oppressed and beaten.

I actually dropped my fork and said held my head in my hands. They really do have nothing better to do than create problems that don't actually exist.

[Image: huh.gif] That's super arrogant. Do you have a youtube link?

It seems to me that many women who get a fair shot at writing a newspaper article, giving a speech, etc, are more likely than men to underestimate their audience and say things that turn them away. I realize this every time I read an article on CNN.com that is disrespectful to someone for no reason, and I scroll up only to see that, almost always, a woman wrote it. Happens maybe once every two weeks.

The women who build a solid career, Hillary Clinton for example, tend to be the ones who recognize that success and respect come from hard work, not simply from abusing your podium to cash out your personal resentment against men or other groups. I think men figured this out a long time ago, not from intellect but from experience with social groups. Your family may put up with your bullshit, but your community will quickly turn its ears to someone else.

Imagine Mitt Romney saying, "the best person to understand an American man's problems, is an African man," then smiling and high-fiving a starving Ethiopian.

It would be totally transparent as a fake display of sympathy and solidarity, and would most likely damage his campaign.

And yet, that's very analogous to the message of the commercial you described.

I remember that back when I was in high school debate, I would occasionally make a good speech that demolished my opponent. If I was up against a guy, he would almost always try to make solid counterarguments, relying on logic even if he knew he couldn't salvage his position. However, the girls would usually resort to emotional garbage and sometimes crying. That kind of stance may work on a husband or boyfriend, but fails to resonate with judges, voters, employers, and others with non-personal relationships.

Messages In This Thread