rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are you giving 100% effort for and what are you giving 10%

What are you giving 100% effort for and what are you giving 10%

After another typical day which happened to end with me lurking these forums for tidbits of knowledge, I thought it would be a good exercise to be completely honest with myself and reflect a bit on what I'm currently accomplishing with my life. Maybe this exercise will help kick you in the butt and finally get around to doing that thing you know you've been putting off.

Anyway, as I review the last few months of my life and what I've done to improve myself, a few things stick out:

Working out-I give 100% effort at the gym, go regularly, and am always looking for ways to improve my routine

Style-I read various websites for fashion advice, look for advice from people I trust, and though my budget holds me back from doing everything I want I feel I am doing a decent job.

Education- I keep up on current events, and have recently signed up to go back to school to finish my masters. I know schools not for everyone, but I do feel I'm getting a benefit.

But what about stuff I've read on these forums that I know would improve me but for whatever reasons I just haven't done? For me, these things include:

Learning how to dance- I need to take a couple months of formal dance class, because, well, I can't effing dance. Why I haven't, who knows.

Learn a new language- I downloaded the Rosetta stones for a couple languages, did a few lessons in one, and then stopped. Why? Laziness mostly.

Read more-Yes I read many current events and interesting things I find on the internet, but not nearly enough actual books. By including more well-written novels in my reading repertoire I know that I will drastically improve my conversation skills and vocabulary

Travel by myself- Self explanatory, just plain haven't done it. Farthest I've gone by myself is a 3 hour drive to Ocean city.

Develop a hustle- I've had a few failed startup business's, all small-time. That was a few years ago and I really haven't tried again since. I know there is an opportunity out there for me, but I have to find it.

And of course approach more- Too many times I am focused on the task at hand and am oblivious to everything and everyone around me. I need to pay more attention to that subtle eye that cute girl gives me while I'm out, and then have the balls to approach.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the point of this thread is to analyze what things you can do with your life right now to improve both who you are and your lifestyle. What good habits do you have that you would like to continue and what do you have the ability to change but for whatever reason haven't?

I am hoping maybe some of us will point out things that maybe other members never even thought of, and use those ideas to improve themselves.

Messages In This Thread