rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Difficult Would It Be to Compete in the Olympics?

How Difficult Would It Be to Compete in the Olympics?

Quote: (08-03-2012 12:17 AM)Maximus Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2012 08:06 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2012 02:05 AM)Maximus Wrote:  

Quote: (08-01-2012 09:22 PM)Hades Wrote:  

If it's a life goal to become an Olympian, you could probably be a competitive powerlifter in four years.
Possibly a gymnast. If you really bust your nuts you could be a gymnast.

Still though guys, why not give it a shot? If you have money you can take time off work and train. Your physique will take one year, skill training will take an easy three. Even if you don't make the cut as a pro if you're one of three fencers in Trinidad and Tobago you're guaranteed a spot as an alternate.

Are you kidding me? There is no chance you can be a competitive powerlifter in 4 years? Not even close. Its going to take a lot longer than that.

It's possible to put on 30 pounds of lean muscle mass (irrelevant of fatty mass) in 12 to 14 weeks. This requires a trainer who knows exactly what he's doing. Picture related.
She has only been lifting for 2 years and made the team.
I apologize in advance for posting this on the roosh forums.
[Image: Screen-shot-2012-07-15-at-11.36.41-AM.png]

Whoever said powerlifting is not an olympic sport, my mistake, googled it and found out I confused olympic lifting with powerlifting.

Naysayers, you guys need to light a fire under your asses. If you're content with never aspiring towards something great it will never happen. Trying to make some kind of olympic team is doing something great. The energy involved would be a minimum of 2-4 hours per day, with few off days, but I think you could feasibly train to be an Olympic level athlete on the cheap.

Kitsune, true that. You need very good genetics, smart training, and a solid diet. Having a sort of athletic grace and thousands of hours to spread your practice over helps a lot too. Some people are naturally talented towards things, these people have a higher "athletic greatness" threshold than others.

Aliblahba, definitely these guys are boner kills.

Being a gymnast or powerlifter in 4 years is doable. The bodybuilding aspect of gymnastics, believe it or not, takes relatively little time since the average gymnast has low body fat (in the 5-8% range) and roughly 150 pounds of lean muscle mass. Ergo you aren't going to be spending years piling on slabs of muscle. You're going to spend years teaching your muscles strength. Powerlifting would be harder but you could qualify for Olympic tryouts in 4 years no problem. If you're that strong and lean though you could always try rowing.

As far as all the fucking that goes on in the olympics, you can be sure that this Holly Mangold won't be getting any. She's 340 pounds of attitude.

And why would you guys think it's not worth it? You can work a part-time job and still train for the Olympics. You'd be scoring tons of lays for being jacked and ripped. The fame of being an Olympian would actually improve, not detract from, your game. Even if you never made the team, a lot of women would bang an Olympic hopeful just to tell their friends how it was.

Seriously guys, if somebody on the Roosh forum said they were training to be an Olympian, I'd be the first one to cheer the shit out of them. I would like to myself but I've already got enough projects.
-First off, its impossible to gain 30 lbs of lean mass in 12 weeks naturally

-It will take you years to master the technical aspects of Olympic lifting, let alone have enough strength to compete. So you can't do it on the cheap because you need coaches for that.

-Holly Mangold is a girl so the competition is less in that division. Plus she has elite genetics (Brother in the NFL). Plus she played football in high school so she has weightlifted for longer than 2 years.

-I'm pretty sure the muscle leanness part is probably the easiest part of male gymnastics. It still won't help you do a routine. You can't put someone like Allen Iverson who has ridiculous amount of lean muscle and expect him to be a gymnast in 4 years of training. You are competing against people who started gymnastics when they were like 8 years old. It's hard to compete against that experience. Plus I'm guessing the average male on this board isn't real young. Half of the US mens gymnastics team is 20 years old or under. If the average guy here is 25, in 4 years he is 29 and that way past the prime for a male gymnast.

This is basically it. The fact your using a female as a example means your reaching way to hard. She probably only had to beat out 5 women max in her weight class to get to London.

Olympians mostly are the most radical and isane humans to walk this planet in regards to fitness and discipline. It takes at least 10 years (or the equvilint hours) of solid practice to become a elite world class athlete. Many are bourne with proper genetics of course but it is also insane work ethic and also access to resources such as money to help you train. Certian sports like Gymnastics you need to pay 500$ a month and practice 3-4 hours per-day. This shit is far from cheap.

If your a Rower or Kyaker you have to go evrey Saturday morning to water training while during the week your still in the weight room and on the machines or indoor pools putting in the work. This shit does not pay, so school and part-time jobs are squuezed in (unless of course you ahve money behind you). From the friends I have whom have made the Olympics I see where things started to shift. They consistantly put in the hours and time and there was really no shortcuts around it.

Now there are certian sports where you can bypass this type of shit but these are mostly sports where athletism is not as important. I think Shooting would fall in this catagory. You do not need physical poweress but the disipine nad patience would be certical.

Another is finding a quirky team sport to participate in. Handball was something I was good at, maybe its Field hockey or some shit but if your country has had descent success in at least qualifying for the Olympics in those sports then your in the right direction. But you still have to be elite to hold a spot, the only advantage is that there is less competition to deal with. There is not a high demand of kats playing field hockey, RUGBY(new sport in 2016 aside from the traditional powerhouses many other countries have decent programs, if your in college and playing Div 1 Rugby or even Div 2 seriously think about strategically hedging yourself for your countries national team) or fucking water polo.

Then lastly if your pockets are deep just go into horse racing. Age and fitness does not matter in that sport. Equestrian people just grew up in that environment and naturally went into it. Only barrier to that is $$$ as the Horse breeding and sport lifestyle is surrounded by mega deep pockets.

In the end..

The time would still need to be put in though. For any young playboys on this site whom are 15 you still have a shot. Or any older kats with some deep pockets and a lot of time could pick up niche sport and train hard at it.

Story time..

How do I know this? I really am not trying to brag but I was one of those born with esqusite phsycal genes. In my HS days I could wake up eat a Mcdees breakfast head to a track meet 5 min before my race. Not stretch and take first. I was the fasted kid on the track and in football with very little effort. I herd whispers of Olympics down the road once I began my Provincial running career. Things we;re goign so smooth I had to put in very little work to get the results I wanted. Eventually of course I hit my physical peaks/wall since I did not put in the nessary tranining I started to re-gress... well not regress I am still as fast as I was back then what hapen is that the kids that I used to smoke out of the gym. We're committed to the Track Clubs and Training. They went to all the practices 4 times a week and in due time they we're kicking my ass. All of them have been to nationals with 4 of the kats making it to national trails and one into the finals.... So in retrospect if I was no so lazy and put in the 10 years old practice I probably would be in London right now having orgies in the village with the Romanian Gymanstic team.

Messages In This Thread