rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do we return home?

How do we return home?

Quote: (08-03-2012 04:35 AM)kazz Wrote:  

Almost all of my friends are now fully fledged factory hens, I look at them and think fuck what a boring life, one of my ex wingmen now gets his excitement through purchasing a new tv, fridge or something from the range of useless bullshit ipad, iphone etc. He bangs his wife once in a blue moon and they have not been maried for that long even, FUCK THAT!

Agreed that the life you painted there is an apparently shit one but sometimes in my moments of doubt I find myself seeking it out. I enjoy my life,I travel reasonably often,I'm debt free,I'm not in a shit relationship that I feel tied to,I have had some great adventures and have more planned but as I find mself in my late 30's I realize that all that has come at the expense of security. I don't own my own home,I don't have a 'career',I don't have any real savings behind me,in fact everything I have could be packed into a car boot. In my happy moments I'm glad I'm not in the shit rat race working a mind numbing 9-5 job and the house in the suburbs with the pretty but boring wife and 2 kids but then sometimes when you see the disapproving looks and hear the whispers of family and friends who class success as money in the bank and not in terms of adventures lived,I find myself questioning if it is time to pack away the suitcase and passport and join the rat
race and it's elusive dream of happiness.

Messages In This Thread