rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Indochino Suits: Custom at a Great Price

Indochino Suits: Custom at a Great Price

Given my experience with online tailoring during the last two years, I would strongly advise against going this route for a custom suit. Even if you're well-experienced in this field you will struggle to get pleasing results. There is just too much leeway for the manufacturer to screw up and you're not even getting any fitting session done, during which you can ask for adjustments. What you're getting is an approximation (or a best guess) of your actual body shape by a random chinese factory dude using just a bunch of measurements.

If you want a custom suit, invest in a local made-to-measure tailor. They're not really that expensive anymore and with one or two fittings you will have a great suit that looks very good on you. This will definitely get some attention by the savvy dudes and, hopefully, the horny chicks. After a few years toying around with made-to-measure, there is still bespoke as the ultimate goal for every gentleman.

Shirts on the other hand are a different story. With a few weeks of experience, some brains and good measurements of your existing wardrobe (plus the adjustments you want or need), you can get pretty decent results depending on the company you're ordering from. As above with suits, you can always step up your game after a few years and get real shirts made at places like Turnbull & Asser. At least this is what I'm going to do within the year.

In the meantime, check out blogs like http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk and browse through the usual forums.

Messages In This Thread