rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which Asian country is the Right One for me? (Thailand vs Philippines)

Which Asian country is the Right One for me? (Thailand vs Philippines)

Hi, this is my first post here on the RVF, so please bear with me!

First of all: yes, I read the recent thread by http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14058.html however, my circumstances are a little bit different, so I hope this is ok when I post another thread about a similar topic. If not I would like to apologize and ask the mods to move this post to the right place!

A little bit about myself: I'm German, ~5'10", in my early 20s, and speak German & English fluently and a little bit of Spanish (for all that matters), but I am very open to the idea of learning any new language, so this shouldn't be an obstacle. As of today, I'm still pretty new to the concept of Game, read Bang, Bang Colombia, as well as 30 Bangs, resulting in some small, but noticeable improvements in my home country.

I did a lot of research over the past few months and managed to reduce my travel options to Thailand or the Philippines. Although I'm not completely against visiting any SEA country, if you believe it to be better suited for me.
I admit I am a complete travel novice, and since this is the fist time I travel so far completely on my own, and since I'm also somewhat financially restricted, I want to make the most out of every minute i get over there.
Unfortunately I'm quite poor, but through a lot of work and sacrifices, I managed to collect about 2500€ and I absolutely do NOT want to go back home without at least one notch!
Yes, I know this might sound "shallow", but easiness right now is my primary concern. "Looks", "culture", etc. are, although I enjoy them greatly, at this point - secondary.
When it comes to the lizards, I do not fundamentally mind working ones, but I would strongly prefer a non-pro.

I have a lot of n00b questions and I, of course, realize that the answers might depend on the recommended country. That's why I'm asking for your personal opinion on the following:
...for the land you recommend,
  • What is the best approach to pipelining?
  • Best places to go as a "first-timer"?
  • Which hostels would you recommend? (assuming I will stay in one b/c of my smallish budget)
  • Best city/location for a first-timer? (again, within my budget)?
  • Which phone/plan to get?
  • How to answer the "Are you on Facebook?" question?
  • Security concerns?
  • Important: How to handle monetary transactions? Cash? Credit Card? Other? What is the best approach here?
  • Anything Visa-related I need to know?
  • I want to be flexible with my time. How do I handle the "return-ticket" issue?
  • Anything you can recommend me to do during daytime?
The good news is that with zero debt or commitments, I have an indefinite amount of time available. However, I would like to go late this year until maybe somewhere early 2013, but not later.

I would GREATLY appreciate your finding a little time to help a fellow aspiring player out!

Thanks in advance!
rhr

p.s. DISCLIAMER: I also posted the same thread on Winston Wu's hbd forum to get even more opinions/info. I hope this is ok with y'all!

Messages In This Thread