rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

travel tips

travel tips

Have backup plans- I have three debit cards, one active, two backups. If I lose one, it's all good, I'll just call Wells Fargo and cancel.

Always have $500 USD cash in case you have trouble withdrawing money, or if you plan on renting an apartment. It's a pain in the ass to withdraw ~$1,500 from ATMs for security deposit + 1st month, but $500 gives you a good head start.

If you're traveling regularly, do American Airline's Gold Challenge- it lets you get Gold status for just 5,000 miles, as long as you get those 5,000 miles within three months of starting the challenge. If you're flying from LAX or SFO => EZE you'll get status the second you touch down in Argentina. Be careful with your fare code- the deep discount, $800 flights don't count. But, the $1,200 flights are much more flexible, easier to move around, and count more in miles. Flying's a million times better with status.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.htm...lenge_(AA)

Avoid binge travel. It's fun for the first week, just like binge drinking can be fun for the first few hours. Travel around a bit, find somewhere you like, and get a nice apartment for a few months.

Get your shit together. Figure out a way to make money abroad- if you're going on vacation, you're doing it wrong! If your skills don't lend themselves to working for yourself, get new skills. If you're a plumber, you're shit out of luck. Go get a new skillset that will give you flexibility, but go in expecting it will take 2-3 years to be able to live abroad comfortably.

Messages In This Thread