rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Private Language Lessons. 4 Hours Per Day For One Month. Anyone Do It?

Private Language Lessons. 4 Hours Per Day For One Month. Anyone Do It?

I've studied German for almost 6 years now and consider myself conversant (still working on getting fluent). What the biggest difference for my German was going to Germany and speaking with the natives. I have a problem where I speak too fast (so the natives don't understand me). Mostly that problem is because I did not have enough experience speaking.

I went to Berlin on a school trip for a 3 day weekend in 9th grade. It didn't do much. I went to a place called Öhningen Kattenhorn, on the border between southern Germany and Switzerland for two weeks. I spoke the most German in those two weeks in my entire life because I was with a host family who spoke almost no English. My accent was really helped as well.

I went from speaking German with an American accent to speak German with a French accent, apparently.

Lastly, I recently studied abroad in Germany for a month with a group class of 3 hours a day of German 5 days a week. While the class no doubt helped, the important thing was that I was able to use the German I was learning in class right away as soon as I got outside.

Now when I speak German, people barely notice that I have an accent...but when I do it's still French.

In short, I would tell you that taking 4 hours a day in Thai is the best you can do for your language and if possible, take the classes in Thailand.

If you are able to withstand 4 hours of Thai per day, then I think you will be fluent because you have the will necessary to get there.

Messages In This Thread