rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Drake The Softest Rapper of All Time?

Is Drake The Softest Rapper of All Time?

Quote: (07-16-2012 03:30 PM)Moma Wrote:  

@the chef - I have never listened to a Kanye album. Can you recommend a good one? I am into cats with clever lyrics and delivery.

if you're looking for an album based off just lyrics then kanye will not satisfy you (pause).

he definitely won't spit bars like a nas, but what he has an edge over 90% of rappers is his vision. he isn't straight hardcore "hip hop" with typical boom bap 90's sounds neither is he the kinda person to follow the radio trends (he sets the trends). he's really in a lane of his own. for example, in his last album "my beautiful dark twisted fantasy" he would get sample some classic soul sample, get RZA to lay down the drums, get an orchestra to play the strings, and get john legend to sing the hook. i personally have the utmost respect for his musicianship. but all of my homies who listen to reasonable doubt all day don't show love towards him. not that there's anything wrong with the old school 90's shit... i grew up with it, it's just that when i listen to kanye it's a breath of fresh air and i find it hard to deny his genius.

my personal favorite album from him was his second: "late registration". but it's kind of hard to pick. each of his albums has a different sound as he's drastically matured as an artist from each one of them. i'll post some songs from each album and i'll leave what album to check out up to you.

his first album: "the college dropout" - 2004

"late registration" - 2005

"graduation" - 2007

"808's and heartbreaks" - 2008 (least favorite) people said he went apeshit on this album cause his mom died and he divorced his fiance.

"my beautiful dark twisted fantasy" - 2010

sorry for the long post, but it's really interesting to see how different types of people react to kanye's music.

Messages In This Thread