rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Federal govt to cap the number of male STEM majors by 2014

Federal govt to cap the number of male STEM majors by 2014

ok, this is probably the first thing that has REALLY riled me up since i joined the "manosphere".

STEM fields are at the forefront of a countries economic development. I went to one of the top schools in the US for stem fields and saw the harsh realities of this life.

STEM men are supposed to be the saviors and the most stable guys possible, yet most people I knew couldnt get laid to save their life. College is where i first found out that the "normal" path of "get a good education, get a good job, marry a good wife" is a hot lie. I'm about 6 years removed from college graduation yet, through facebook, I still see that most of our technological saviors are either fucking whales or not fucking at all. Who wants to be a nice obedient engineer after that? Especially when all the girls you know, then and now - are still fucking the same assholes and the only solution your logical mind can come up with is to be an asshole so you can fuck. In the last few years when my game really improved, I fucked some hot girls, I also, admittedly, fucked some uglos, but I did it all while worrying little about my career and operating out of a tiny apartment, with a roomate. 6+ figure job - not needed. Asshole swagger, numbers game = happiness, or at least, self satisfaction.

But I digress, I'm talking, ok, ranting, about my own experience as a man in the stem fields, but what about those poor, unrepresented women in the stem fields? what about them? those poor souls???

Except they're not poor souls at all.
The state of Georgia (I went to Georgia Tech), has a program to encourage high school girls to choose stem careers. I remember their tour groups touring our campuses. And, to be honest, I liked it - of course the STEM fields could use more women. But after seeing Georgia's exhaustive program try to pull out all the stops to get more women in STEM fields, here were the results: that fall's freshman class was 69.8% male, instead of the college wide 70.3% and this was seen as a huge success by school administrators.

The women that are actually IN the school each have about a squad of 20 people that make sure they graduate and never feel lost, they are coddled every step of the way. There are societies for women engineers, womens centers, and campus regulations meant to bring them up. I know about the regulations, because I almost got kicked out of my schools housing because some girl complained that I awkwardly hit on her. My friend, who worked in campus housing, had to save my ass.

If that's not enough - due to the unbalanced ratios, there is a huge percentage of women that simply skate by on the generosity of betas - beta male friends that do most of their projects and homework, beta teachers assistants that give them extra attention.

And guess what happens? After 4 years - the job search starts, and the big tech companies that visit us for their job fairs eagerly hire women with a 4 year degree from a top school (they actually think they earned it, HA), so that they look like a "progressive tech company that hires women, we're not like those other 'boys clubs', see how progressive we are?"

it's disgusting.

And now - they want to tell me that ALL OF THIS IS NOT ENOUGH? that to encourage more women in stem fields, we have to physically limit qualified men from participating?
HOW THE FUCK DO I OPPOSE THIS? I have never been politically involved, I have never protested, signed a petition or wrote to a senator, but I can't sit idly by as America's science and technology resources are squandered. I have pride in American Science. We gave the world Edison, we gave the world Bell Labs, we gave the world the personal computer, and now we are about to blow it all.
Can some of the more politically active forum members please PM me on where I should start in opposing shit like this? I would be eternally grateful.

Science is not about gender, it's about research and results.
And yes, I know that women are underrepresented in STEM fields, and it would be great to see more of them participate, but NOT at the expense of other qualified people. That is unacceptable.
I know this might sound naive, but I believe its possible to prop someone up, without bringing someone else down and creating resentment. That is never ok

Messages In This Thread