rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Liverpool, UK

Liverpool, UK

Thought I'll give the thread a bump/update seeings as I'm staying (just outside) the city over the weekend. I am staying the other side of the river. Infant from the bedroom I can see the liver building and the Albert Docks. It costs about £3 return train ride to get to the other side from St Hamilton St train station in Birkenhead. I am staying in Wallasey. First of all I will compare Wallasey to Birkenhead (least what I visited). Gaming location in Wallasey would include the beach and that's about it. You could try the town centre but it is so small that you will get a reputation too fast. Birkenhead has a much larger town centre with not too many shops.

Overall avoid this side of the River, stick with Liverpool itself. The entire city centre has plenty of foot traffic that can work for you almost anywhere. The city centre is dominated by one of the largest retail spaces in the UK, Liverpool One or L1 for short. There are plenty of things to do during the day such as museums and a few free walking tours. I am not a native here so my locations are a bit vague. Matthew street which is the home of the beatles has a much older crowd. You do get a few Irish street beggars wondering around.

I've only been there once and the place really does remind me of Dublin. I've only got two numbers, first was an American who I went on the walking tour with and the other was a New Zealand girl. I did not bang either and was only there during the day. I can not comment on night life but from what I have heard is that it is fantastic.

I'm going to head over there for the day today and I may head back in the evening. I should be able to write up a more detailed mini data sheet.

Messages In This Thread