rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Secret Societies

Secret Societies

Quote: (07-07-2012 12:42 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

If I made a couple billion dollars they would probably let me in.

As of March 2010 there were only 403 billionaires in the entire US, and Forbes only lists 1153 with one billion or more in the entire world.

There is no requirement to be a billionaire in these societies. The threshold is much lower than you guys think (ie, "We think he can pay the annual dues without needing three notices most years"), and most of you could probably become members if you actually tried.

The requirements are more "not being a dickhead" "not too much of a public embarrassment" "doesn't wear jeans and tennis shoes to events" and "can hold their liquor when drunk".

The most common reason why I see people apply for admission but not become members is not showing up. There's a few dinners. A couple drinking events. Some meetings. And a couple ceremonies. Stretched out over usually 3 months to make the circuit between application and becoming a member. A surprising number of applicants flake out during this and so never get to the point where they're even voted on.

The most common (almost the only one, actually) reason why I see people get blackballed (not a sexual term, but how you get voted down for admission by the membership --white balls are yes, black balls are no) in clubs is they're a nasty drunk.

[Image: Ballotboxballs.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Messages In This Thread