rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Approach Thread

The Approach Thread

Quote: (05-30-2016 05:39 PM)thrive Wrote:  

The Plan

By next Sunday June 12, I want to complete 100 day game approaches... If I don't, I will donate $400 to Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Yesterday, I did 12 to bring my total to 27. Today I did 9 to bring me to 36 with another week to go. Hillary isn't getting my cash!

I am almost completely over approach anxiety, something which I didn't expect to happen. I said almost because I seem to be weaseling out of approaches in two cases:

1) The girl is near enough to other people that I know I'll have an audience. I need to stop caring.

2) The girl is dolled up in that slutty/stylish way with the latest threads and 2 pounds of make up. This isn't quite the same as weaseling out of the hottest girls. I opened several stunners the last two days, but they had simpler girl-next -door looks. This is definitely coming from a place of lack of entitlement. I think my entitlement will grow and this will disappear.

Most of my targets are walking toward me; I am really enjoying stopping them head on instead of letting them pass and then jogging back. I am getting fewer startled responses, more stops, and I feel like less of an idiot. But I will keep the London-style stop in my back pocket for the right moments.

Interesting approaches over the last two days:

#16: Hooked strongly, everything was smooth, when I asked for her number, she said, "I have a boyfriend, and I wouldn't like if he gave his number out, so I cannot."

Golden rule. Respect.

#21: Initially startled badly by a London stop, but I smoothed that over, she invested and I got her facebook.

#25: Hooked immediately and strongly, but couldn't give me her number because she was married.

#27: I was sitting and waiting for my date and a common meeting place. A girl came and stood one meter away. I haven't had much luck opening girls who were waiting here, but I think proximity is the biggest IOI girls give, so I opened with "You look like you're also waiting for a friend." She opened easily. Her friend showed up in 30 seconds, but I talked to them for 5 minutes and got a number. She is really responsive to text, and I think I will see her tomorrow.

#30 A very cute girl in a white shirt and bright pink skirt came out of an alley way one meter in front of me. She was just my type. Skinny, girl next door, and I loved what she was wearing.

I said, "Excuse me, I hope you speak a little English" and then the local words for "a little bit." She said, a little, and I hit her with a compliment.

She seemed a little confused and asked if I was looking for a place that sounds like the words "a little bit."

Things were not off to a good start. She spoke very little English and gave very short answers, but I stayed in set and tried to engage in English, a little of the local language, and with google translate. I figured that she was making no effort to leave, so she must like me despite investing very little.

She eventually became convinced that I was lying and spoke perfect [local language.] This led to her only speaking that and me catching 10% of it.

Eventually she had to catch a bus to an exam, but she happily gave me her number.

This one will be a huge challenge to get through a date with, but I'm keen to try.

#36 A cute girl turned onto the street a step behind me. She was dialing her phone. I decided to keep a step in front of her and wait out the call. After a block, she hung up.

"Wow, you sounded really angry on that call!"

"Haha no, I was inviting my roommate for a drink."

"It sounded like you wanted to kill her."

And we had a pleasant conversation about how the language sounds for a few blocks until she stopped.

"I have to cross the street here, but give me your number and we can go to a club some time."

She number closed me.

When I got her name for the contact in my phone, it was Spanish, so we talked for a few minutes about Spain.

Stats through 36 approaches: 23 hooks, 7 numbers and 2 facebooks, zero dates, zero lays.

Messages In This Thread