rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Changing your life.

Changing your life.

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:14 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:06 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I'm calling you out as a troll(motive unbeknown), regardless of your previous role, you claim to have turned down half a mil per annum to work as a mechanic. I can't really see it in the interview room..... "Thanks for your generous offer of fabulous wealth, but my mate's exhaust has just blown, Zeus to the rescue, see ya"

As I said most people would only do such a thing in their late thirties or forties when they've burned themselves out, have amassed considerable savings, built a family, and have decided enough's enough.

I left a contract that I was getting paid 6k to 7k a week working 60 to 70 hours a week. I did that for roughly 2 to 3 years, on that contract, and a year being paid less prior. I was miserable. No amount of money is worth being miserable. I really don't know why that is hard to understand.

It was tough to start over but things are way better and I call the shots.

Yes, but you did it for a few years before giving up. I suspect this guy is a troll. If he was really unwilling to spend a couple of years earning $500K, he is just lazy or has incredibly bad judgment. Or perhaps this was a performance based finance position, in which case "$300-500K" was never really going to materialize so he exaggerated what he was actually giving up.

Messages In This Thread