rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How shall I play this silent treatment manuever?

How shall I play this silent treatment manuever?

I've been seeing this girl kinda steady for about 2 months (about twice a week - a booty call midweek then party on a weekend). I do like her, but I also feel she is a stepping stone. By that I mean I am pursuing other leads but it is my belief that just as you should never leave your job without another guaranteed job, you should never leave a girl without at least one other guaranteed girl. FWIW, I don't have another guaranteed girl at the moment (several flakes & a few prospectives).

Last Friday evening we got into a fight about our relationship. She wanted me to be her official 'boyfriend.' I said I don't like labels on our relationship, and I said that even if I were her boyfriend she hasn't been exhibiting real 'girlfriend' qualities. This was a repeat subject on something we've fought about before, but a bit more intense this time.

On Saturday she said it was a girls night out and then calls me to tell me they are going to New Orleans, a couple hour drive from me, but she wants to stop by to resolve the 'our relationship' talk from the night before. I say 'OK.' Later on she texts me, "Never mind. We are running late." I complain that it is fucking bullshit that she's putting a 30 min delay to her partying on Bourbon St before something as important as 'us.' (The friends she is going with are massive cockblocks BTW so it isn't a concern that she's going to fuck some random dude & FWIW they never even made it out of town - lol.).

I don't hear from her again, nor do I make contact with her again.

According to some of the other 'freeze out punishment' posts on this board, the girl usually starts trying to call and text apologies within a couple days. In my case, 4 days later she hasn't attempted to call or text me. She recently made some rather obvious 'attention-grabbing' posts on facebook which I suspect are trying to illicit a response from me or perhaps grab validation from some of her other friends.

As I mentioned above, I do like her, she's cute, and I don't particularly want to shed her just yet.

How do I play this? Keep waiting till she makes the first 2-3 moves? Give a restart call first? How long do I wait (been about 4 days now)? Forget her completely?

Messages In This Thread