rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

North Dakota Oil Jobs

North Dakota Oil Jobs

Quote: (07-19-2012 12:43 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

There is almost no retail space ... There's also almost no housing.

Fisto is getting rewarded for hustle. I skeptical about his $200K forecast for next year. Maybe that's what experienced people are making this year, but they were in the right place at the right time.

Consider the other opportunities. Offhand, roughnecks will spend money on gambling, booze, and women. Private stripper parties have merit, perhaps BYOB. Real estate has got to be good if you can get information and deals. Fisto has the looks and game to get local girlfriends, so he doesn't need to fly out all the time. It seems to me that social contacts could be levered during his off time to create opportunities.

In five years, Fisto is not going to be a petroleum engineer. He might be a manager of some sort. But I think he has entrepreneurial inclinations. Find out what they need up there and supply it in your off time.

Also, I have concerns about finishing education. Soon there will be a more stable labor supply, along with Starbucks and McDonalds. They will stop hiring "warm bodies" and screen based on degrees. You could get a cushy higher-paying job with a degree.

Messages In This Thread