rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A beginner's guide and reading list to jobhunting and networking

A beginner's guide and reading list to jobhunting and networking

Wow. What a selfless contribution. Excellent advice. You'd get another rep point from me if I could give an extra one OP. I wholeheartedly agree that the same principles that work with chicks work in the business world. This is one legitimate example of the alpha/beta dichotomy.

I noticed you mentioned a series. If the other threads are additionally insightful then I'd appreciate a link to them.

There's another social networking site for work called Tibbr.com.

There's also one for global execs called TopCom but it's private. If you can tap into that network you're gold. It's basically social networking for the top 1%. It makes it easy for global leaders to arrange web conferences, e-mails, phone calls, chats, etc between each other. Combines all the benefits from every social networking site (FB, Skype, LinkedIn) all in a single platform.

Both Tibbr and TopCom were created by the same company (Tibco).

For the young guys coming out of school, join LinkedIn and join the groups (the ones for the schools you attended, industries, etc). By joining a group, you can message any group member without needing to make them a connection first, nor do you have to pay anything. Find people in those groups working for the places you want to work (the search bar will filter this out and pull up people from your group), send a nice message to build rapport and inquire about opportunities you're interested in. They'll be able to get your resume directly to the hiring manager as a referral, which is basically equivalent to knowing someone at the firm (even though you don't them). Cool, isn't it?

Messages In This Thread