rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you think about bootleg items?

What do you think about bootleg items?

Quote: (06-16-2012 03:05 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Can think of nothing worse then fakes,I'll leave them to the lower classes of society. If I want to wear Gucci I'll buy the real thing not some cheap knock off from a factory in Guangzhou. I can spot a fake a mile off too,anyone with sense can because they are not congruent with the rest of the person. Like when you see these single mums pushing a filthy pram and wearing a food stained track suit yet is carrying $900 LV handbag. Yeah right! Fakers. Also how does someone wearing fakes feel inside? By wearing them you are reminding yourself you really want a Hugo Boss shirt but are not successful enough to afford the real thing and hence bought a fake. Fuck that,I'll just work harder and take real pleasure in my achievement of saving and buying something I really wanted. I spent $2500 on a branded suitcase,I feel like the shit when I travel with it because it reminds me that I have been successful enough to be able to afford such an expensive item. I could have bought a fake one for a fraction of the cost,but would I feel great with it? Nope,I'd feel like a failure.

Fakes are for fakers.

I disagree. In my opinion "status" items offer many people with low self esteem a way compensate by buying their way into respect.

They need a brand name to tell the world "I'm worth something".

An expensive watch doesn't make you "high class" nor does the lack of one make you a low life. That's a B.S. worldview that the wealthy use to keep them rich.

A $150 pair of Jordans costs no more than 15 bucks to make with labor and cheap materials. So paying that for a pair of sneakers more than likely just means (to anyone with real money) that you are stilll a lowlife who managed to save up your nickels to hang with the big boys.

People with real money can drop $5000 on a watch they way an average dude can drop $50 on a pair of jeans. Do you honestly think that rich person will think more of you because you scratched $5000 together to emulate him?

Your comment about single mums tells me a lot about your character. I mean seriously why would you even be paying such hard attention to the kind of bag they are carrying?[Image: confused.gif] It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Does this mean that liking nice things makes one a posers?

Hell No, if you are truly buying that item for it's intrinsic qualities and not the perceived status it would offer you.

A fine watch is a fine watch but there are replica's that offer decent quality and look virtually identical to the real deal. I'm talking about you would have to open up the watch to tell the difference. Admittedly they are tough to find, but that's neither here nor there.

....and again, why would anyone be looking THAT closely ?

Messages In This Thread