rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who is your role model?

Who is your role model?

Is there a guy you hold up as inspiration to accomplishing your goals? How has he affected you?

My first role model was been Richard Feynman, a scientist with a player streak. I was a microbiologist at the time that I discovered him and took to him very quickly. In his first book, I read how he figured out a way to live in Rio to learn music and bang Brazilian girls. He was my main inspiration to living abroad. I wanted to live in Rio like him so I did. I highly recommend his book Surely You're Joking.

As I've been able to taste the lifestyle I've wanted while seeing my work become more widely read, my role model shifted to Malcolm X, primarily because of the influence he has had in fighting a culture he didn't accept, even in the face of nonstop attack and hate. Just like he wanted to benefit his people (American blacks), I want to benefit the Western man. Of course I'm not comparing myself to him, but I do understand how it can be challenging to proceed when constantly attacked, a sign that the culture isn't ready for your belief system. His relentless pursuit of the truth is to be admired. His autobiography was an important read for me.

Honorable mention goes to Derek Sivers, a selfless businessman who got rich sort of by accident. I really admire his work and business sense, and was lucky enough to meet him in Rio. His book Anything You Want is something I often refer to. His web page is at http://www.sivers.org. He has taught me more than anyone that adding value is the best way to make an impact.

Messages In This Thread