rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cities with best public transportation

Cities with best public transportation

I was wondering what other members thought were cities with the best public transportation ie you dont need to own or use a car to get around. Some people want to live near the beach, others want to live in the country, I want to live in a city where I dont have to get around by car. Call me weird, Its a huge motivator for me. I see movies set in Europe and I get insanely jealous. I live in texas and every city is a logistical nightmare. You will do a minimum 20 minutes of driving every day. Public transportation? Sit on a bus or subway and just read on the way to work? forget about it.

Im not talking about those "Top 20 cities with best public transportation" lists we all know those lists are bullshit and Austin made one of those lists due to their metro rail which no one rides and your dating/social life will suffer dramatically if you live in ANY Texas town without a car.

While I have never stayed longer than a few days in these places, these are the first cities that come to mind when i think of public transportation:

NY-subways, taxis
San francisco- small town grid system- huge trolley network
Chicago- ? Ive heard its good but no idea
Many european cities - im extremely jealous

I was only in Chicago for 2 days and mostly in the suburbs but Ive heard if you live and work in DT chicago you dont need a car, public transportation is adequate and not having a car wont even hurt your dating life. It could be bullshit; when I stayed I saw a sprawling city with cars everywhere.

Messages In This Thread