rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Sweden thread

The Sweden thread

Some final words on feminism in Sweden. Discovering Roosh’s blog and this forum has been a absolute eye-opener and I’m seeing things from a completely different perspective now.

It's common to read newspaper articles and the like by feminists who whine about imagined injustices etc. Regularly you hear women calling for affirmative action, and their beta-orbiters join in hoping that it will help get them laid which is hilarious. Recently, there was also this introduction of the word hen which spurred a lot of debate in the country (a gender neutral word to supplement the words for him and her). My personal take is that it is ridiculous for many reasons but really it’s no different from tendencies in Spanish now to write for instance Estimados y Estimadas instead of just Estimados which implies both sexes, or that French town which banned the word Mademoiselle. I’m gonna make it a point to use the equivalance of Miss more in my personal vocabular though. Will be interesting to see what reactions I get.

Anecdote 1: In Lund I once got into an argument with a feminist who claimed that the sexes were a social construction and that there was no such thing as men and women, citing a lactating man in Canada and some other biological anomalies as proof. Feminism is absolutely rampant in most institutions/departments at Lund university and while there are this kind of girls in Lund, they tend to keep to themselves (Lund is pretty segregated that way).

Anecdote 2: In 2009 a tv documentary about Swedish Hollywood wifes created a lot of debate because of what Anna Anka, then-wife of Paul Anka said:

“If your husband wants you to give him head every morning, the first thing when he wakes up, you have to follow his wishes” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytpScb_uc...re=related (starts at about 2:10).

Basically, hell broke loose because this woman describes pretty much every man’s *ideal* marriage and lot of feminists were shocked and upset, obviously threatened by the fact that there are women willing to please men, which means they’re facing competition and won’t be able to starve their men for sex anymore. I rue that I had not yet discovered Roosh or Heartiste back then and wasn’t really paying attention to it all, would have made for some epic discussions.

I just realised how hard it is to accurately trying to describe all the cultural aspects of a place. I feel that what I’ve written isn’t maybe 100% spot on, but it will have to do.

Messages In This Thread