rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The lowdown on Singapore - datasheet

The lowdown on Singapore - datasheet

Quote: (11-07-2015 07:02 AM)pamplonabull Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2013 01:32 PM)Irish Wrote:  

Singapore datasheet

I'll not reinvent the wheel on anything else that's been said here, and Nash23 covered quite a bit with his thorough datasheet.  I have been here for almost a year now but was also working here for a month in 2012 and for a bit before that in 2011 so got a good handle or where to go.  The bar/club scene in Singapore has been changing and fair bit along with the general demographic of the city, there are a few regular stalwart clubs that seem to survive the cycle.  I'll add my 2 cents by way of update seeing as its about 18 months old now and there's been a few changes to the scene.

Been a fair amount of negative chat on Singapore here and I can appreciate why.  Cost of booze through the roof and the chicks here (compared to the rest of SE Asia) have western attitudes and are much more used to white guys with fat wallets than compared to the likes of Thailand/Nam/Indonesia etc.  So being white/westerner wont give you anywhere near the edge it does in other SE Asian countries but it still gives you some leverage.  If you are travelling and on a budget however you would be much better served doing your gaming around Thailand, Nam, Philippines, Indo etc and there are plenty of threads here to give you all the details you need. You aren't going to find it anywhere as easy to pick up as the the likes of those places but if you go to the right places, you can find some extremely hot classy chicks (both expat and local) who tend to have a bit more to them.

Singaporean chicks:
On a very simplistic level, the local chicks here come in two types:  The party chicks (which includes the SPG's - Sarong Party Girls as mentioned previously) and the 'normal' or rather more traditional family 'good girl' types.  Personally for me I only really go for the former as I find the latter, although more feminine, polite and respectful (and i'm sure nicer people in general), a lot less fun and I struggle to communicate & connect with them.  Often when you talk to them they will be wide eyed and smiling but often nothing comes back the other way through excessive shyness.  Also as mentioned by the_conductor local girls tend to get shamed for hooking up with a western guy by their peers (especially jealous local guys).  To them it looks like she is a raging slut who is chasing money so if you are a westerner you may find some frustrations here.  Personally I don't bother as I prefer the short term drama, sexual experience and all out fun of the party chicks for short term hook ups and SNL's.  The party chicks are a lot more westernized than your average SE Asian chick, which means more attitude and sense of entitlement and ultimately more of a pain in the ass to pull and be with (as also mentioned by the_conductor).  Combine this with a more materialistic attitude and a tendency to leverage their sexuality to get what they want and you can end up with some seriously severe self absorbed attention whores who expect to be wined and dined at great expense.  I certainly see very little in the way of girlfriend material here, however i'm not looking for a girlfriend. The flipside is that as mentioned is they tend to go for the expats (which benefits me) and not all of them are that bad, in fact a minority of them can be quite cool. Either way they are more entertaining to be around than the often non-entity personalities of the 'normal' girls. Plus once you have bagged a party girl, extracting and getting the SNL is a doddle by comparison to the likes of the UK. Also befriending the party chicks is often of great use for free club entry and social proofing.

Luckily with Singapore being a very cosmopolitan city you tend to meet a whole range of nationalities of chicks and some just over for short holidays. Be careful as you get a lot of the 'freelance pros' coming over from thailand/philippines/Nam etc but you get just as many legit girls with a 'chicks on tour' liberal attitude to hooking up away from home. In addition, I find a lot of chicks I hook up with being local or foreign often turn out to be in LTRs or even married. But they think nothing about cheating on their partners, almost like they're doing nothing wrong. As a result although I'm happy to bang chicks here I sure as hell don't trust them.

Your competition:
Varies from venue to venue but in the higher end places (Pangaea/Ku De Ta/Kyo) there are a lot of seriously rich western guys (older) out there with very little game other than the predictable financial cock swinging contest.  So in the high end places you are going to see a LOT of bottle/table service and drink buying going on.  Don't bother trying to play this game as the chicks have seen it all before and you wont be able to compete with the severe amount of wonga getting thrown around anyway.  They will think nothing of swindling you for drink or helping themselves to your bottle without asking. You will on occasion see some western guys who are ultra confident and definitely know what they are doing. In the more local dominated places (Butter Factory/Mink/Filter) you can get a lot of rich kid locals as well who have a serious chip on their shoulder about western guys stealing their women. Often they're looking for an excuse to start something but the majority are extreme betas who wont do anything but can seriously stale out your set through some embarrassing displays of white knighting, sulking and generally just not taking the hint to fuck off.

Nightgame:
To add onto what Nash23 has said and perhaps mention a few new places:

Clark Quay - basic tourist trap, hence recommendation for the non asian talent.  Nicely laid out are with lots of bars next to eachother but the talent IMO is generally is pretty poor. Also watch out for the prozzie and ladyboys sharking around later on at night. The only bar I would go to there would be Le Noir which has a decent alfreso bar which is more chilled and easy to get chatting to the occasional hot girls that rock up there. Decent place to kick off the evening.  But I agree on outside Pump Room & Highlander is great place to camp for the high human traffic filing by.  Also worth a mention for those looking for some latin flair Cuba Norte is an option (and an opportunity to show off your salsa skills if thats your game).

Attica: pretty much where most of the CQ crowd goes later.  Decent mix of locals and expats but IMO has a bit of a false reputation of being a meat market and is supposedly easy to pick up there if you are a western guy.  TBH i've never found it that easy as the place always seems to be an utter sausagefest and the chicks are generally B leaguers who choose Attica for their male attention fix cos they cant compete in the higher end venues. I find best place to pick up is outdoor bar part to get some chat with girls as everywhere else is deafeningly loud. But if you're not fussy you will still get some local chicks giving you serious IOIs so picking up a 6 or 7 shouldnt be too much trouble.  get down before 11 and pay in to get the stamp and bounce to a bar for a bit till it gets busy.  will save you a lot of queuing hassle and needless bouncer attitude later on.  Another option for clubbing in CQ is China One which tends to be more ex pat heavy and is a lot rougher than Attica.  You'll see dudes rocking about in shorts and flipflops but the place is a total turkeyshoot for picking up.  Talent is piss poor and worse than Attica but a hell of a lot easier and the guy competition is chodetastically poor.  You're not going to meet any dime pieces in there but you'll certainly get something to take home.

Boat Quay: After work scene so big on a friday night and very ex pat heavy No real clubs here but plenty of alfreco bars and restaurants which all seems to spill out onto the stree and merge into eachother.  You'll likely see a few annoying ex pat brit/aussies who will make you cringe and dont expect any real top drawer talent, but easy to get chatting with folk and its a fairly friendly atmosphere.  Good place to kick off the evening and warm up with mates.

Tanjong Beach Club: I echo Nash23 here, highly recommended on Sunday evening. Very cool chilled out place although I tend to reserve the place for day 2s where I invite a chick and her friends to come join me and my friends there as much easier to get talking and less distractions. Pain in the ass to get to but nothing compared to the total ball ache it is to get a cab back from if you leave it too late, so be careful.

Spize – again agree with Nash23. Although is a fast food restaurant is where everyone goes for their post boozing feed and is almost like an extention of the club. Easy to get chat with girls here and have picked up a few numbers on the fly here when I was with other chicks and bounced a couple back

A couple of places I would like to add:

Pangaea: My #1 venue in Singapore hands down. In the basement of Marina Bay Sands and IMO is where there top drawer talent in Singapore will always go. Tends to be the choice venue for any celebrities in town to party. Can be quite choosy at the door but going after 2am when is it less busy is not so bad. Bringing girls with you helps massively and is a great venue bounce place should you pick them up in previous venues. Tends to be the 'afterparty' venue and peak time to be there is from 1am – 5am Friday and Saturday. There is a lot of table and bottle service and you'll see some guys laying down some serious money but I find generally the talent to be excellent and the chicks generally quite open and friendly and tend to be from all over the world. The hottest chicks I pick up are almost always in Pangaea and usually by that stage of the night they are also DTF.

Kyo: Very new venue but my second favorite in Singapore. On Cecil street is a little tricky to find but worth the visit. Can get a little packed and the music in my opinion is crap but again, like Pangaea the talent is good and like Pangaea is a good mix of asian and non-asian chicks who tend to be quite open and flirty. I've got a decent batting average in this place as well and find chilling around the bar area you get a lot of traffic going past in close proximity so very easy to open. I normally go there from 11-2am before hitting Pangaea. Note also that Kyo have their ladies night on a Thursday night and it is absolutely banging

Club Street: Really cool street area with some really qwirky bars. This is where you get the highest proportions of ex pats and is heaving on a friday night after work (where they close off the street). Great place again to kick off the evening and venue hop. Like boat quay the bar crowds tend to merge into eachother and spill out on the street, but you get a more classier type of expat here tho can be a bit of an older crowd. Approaching generally quite easy as a result, favorite bars here are Gem Bar and Bar 83 as tends to be younger

On the SNL thing I would disagree with Nash as for me I have found getting SNL's here pretty easy compared to other cities but I am guessing I'm a fair bit older and perhaps going for different type of chick in different venues. I have not been accused of rape but I have heard it happen to other guys however so I am generally quite careful and dont just ditch birds the next day.

That was a bit of a brain dump on my findings so far in Singapore but thought I would share. I have left a fair bit out so anyone looking for any additional info feel free to PM me

Irish

Irish,

Thanks for all of that. It's interesting. Compared to you I know very little about Singapore, but I am nonetheless compelled to add to this forum my experience...because it was unique for me.

Let me put something out there in the first instance, because without this knowledge anything read from here on in will make less sense.

I have the bodybuilder look. I am 6 foot tall and almost 100kg, and lean. I have an imposing figure. I am not just a big guy, who looks like he works out, I am very, very big. I look like I have taken way to many steroids.

Sorry... but I had to say it so you can better understand my points below.

I will also be blunt, because I do not like pulling punches when it comes to women. I have always been alpha. Now I'm just brutal.

I hit Singapore in 2013 for 6 nights. I went after 9s. I only chase 9s.

Someone said in a post in this thread that there are "butterfaces" in Singapore. He was right! The full blood Chinese woman is not that great to look at. I had a Eurasian model girlfriend for three years, and she was stunning, but her full blood cousins were a disaster. Asian women are blessed with very good genetics when it comes to metabolism and having lean, slender bodies, but the luck stopped there and didn't make it up past the neck.

I found the local Chinese Singaporean girls to be extremely annoying and the others not worth looking at. The dusky skins of the indigenous Malay and Indians is not for me. I also find them incredibly ugly, in the main, unless they have mixed blood.

The emotional intelligence of Asians in their own countries is very low, as is their social intelligence. Sometimes I think they are more interested in worrying about studying for next week's test than they are about enjoying themselves on a Saturday night. This lack of social and emotional intelligence manifests itself, in women, through shyness, a lack of fundamental communication skills, the inability to react appropriately within a social context when something is said that they don't like/understand etc...

In males, it manifests itself in beta orbiting, geekiness (is that a word?), a tendency to stare at their phones all night even when they are surrounded by women who need nothing more than a good bonking (don't they all?!), extreme jealousy when someone like me walks in to a room and stares at a chick in their social group, looking like the fun they are having is manufactured (read : fake), and the absolute need to fight in groups due to their lack of any attribute that could be considered even remotely alpha.

I found the Chinese Singaporean women living in Singapore, Hong Kong and China are a complete waste of a gamer's time.

I have no doubt that if I lived in Singapore for 6 months, I would get my fair share of "9" bangs. But i just feel that you have to work too hard for it. Why bother? The last time i was in the USA I had sex with 4 Asian Americans 9s in 25 days and I didn't have superior game on because I was always horribly drunk. I wasn't even trying.

In Singapore, my size was a novelty. I would notice groups of early 20s Chinese Singaporean stare, chat and giggle. I once approached a 9 in a shopping mall and she blushed so hard I actually thought she would faint. She choked a few words and walked off. It was pretty funny, actually. She probably said to herself, "If I ever bought this guy home to my traditional family, my parents would kill me".

The local Singaporean dudes are pathetic. They couldn't get a bang if it fell in their lap. They are so beta I wanted to fly out of the country just because it reminded me how miraculously pathetic men can be in the presence of women. It seems to me that the local guys are all about how well you did in school, how much money you make and how corrupt / well connected your family is. I'm pretty sure that the local Chinese Singaporean girls look for these things too, as is stipulated from their overly conservative parents and culture.

Sorry to vent, but this thread is sugar coating the place when the reality is that Singapore should not be on any serious gamer's list. By "serious" I mean a gamer who wants a 9 every third night when on holiday.

Maybe I should have gone to Pangea, or whatever it's called?

Either way, I can't be botheed withlong lead in times, which is why I don't rate Singapore...

Cheers

Happy to answer any questions in relation to other countries / experiences

Thanks

Sorry...forgot to mention... got one 9.
One bang only. And she was barely a 9. Nice girl. Dumb as a box of hammers. Grandad on her dad's side was Welsh. She was born in England, but moved to Singapore with her parents when she was young. Worked as a masseuse in a hotel.

She must get asked for hand jobs all the time...

Probably gives them to old men for the right price...[Image: banana.gif]

Cheers

Thanks for reading

Messages In This Thread