rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm 32 Years Old

I'm 32 Years Old

I don't feel old, except when I look at the FB pages of my peers who have not aged well and have little yard apes running around.

It's been interesting.
About 140-150 notches, lots of people and places.

Would I do anything differently?

In the details yes, in the general philosophy no.

I realized years ago that the brass ring and rat race was a false promise. There was an easy and predictable path that I was on - I was 19 in college and being pushed along a path that led to a large lawfirm or bank in New York like many of my relatives. I saw what that life was like in person rather than on TV and I didnt want it."trade in your hours fort a handful of dimes" - no thanks.

I am happy about that decision, which led me to travel the world repeatedly and seek new experiences.

The major thing I would change would be getting treatment much ealier for clinical depression. I though I was one of those people where it was situational or if I did more intense exercise or added more notches that it would go away. This led to me really missing out on enjoying life for months at a time and negatively impacted my ability to work well on the projects I wanted to.

Anyhow, I've put some passion projects on the back burner and am now working hard to develop a business and make significant amounts of money. In the past I was more or less content to work only hard enough to make slightly more than I needed, as I didn't want stress and knew that at some point I would come into a good deal of money. The limits of this plan were revealed when I had to shell out 25 grand for emergency medical care in Europe, and had a prolonged recovery.

Now that I'm much more energetic and aggressively selfish than in the past, I don't want to wait. I want the world and I want it now.

We will see what the next stage is. First step is to move to Brazil late summer/early fall.

Messages In This Thread