rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Living in Montreal

Living in Montreal

Hey RVF looking for the Quebec heads to chime on on life in MTL as a resident. I am seriously considering taking 6 months off from school just to take some professional courses in communications and writing in MTL. A break from Tdot is needed and I am in no rush to finish off my degree here at all. Looking for advice on this differences on living in MTL vs TO. I know is much cheaper than TO and what I pay for rent now could actually get my a 1br in some parts of the City.

What are some areas I should be looking at to live? (Good access to Metro, no rats or roaches, close to the action) It seems that $400-700 can put me in comfy situation either with roomies or a small bachelor or 1br for a little bit more.

I don't know a lick of French but willing to learn basics to get by before fall.

How easy is it to land work there? I am looking for something restaurant related to scrounge tips but I wonder if my lack fo French will fuck me over on that front. [Image: huh.gif] IF it does then I do have significant experience in health-care begin a rehab aid and manager back in the day for many years.

All in all I would be there for end of summer-into-fall and the start of hellish winter and bail in Dec. An extended "working" vacation you could call it. Really don't know if its wise but I've lived so long trying to make sure things are "ideal" I just really feel like sticking my neck out their for once and seeing what happens.

Messages In This Thread