rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Intelligence rant

Intelligence rant

I'm plenty smart and have never had trouble talking to anybody. I learned when I was young that when people say some bullshit like "You're so smart" it was a dismissive gesture designed to protect the egos of people around me (/hamster wheel - he didn't learn that from hours of study, he's just so damned smart it just happened). Now when I'm older and people on a whole are generally more confident, every time I bring up something serious I find it's an excellent way to completely nuke the attention you're commanding.

If you feel you have to bring up heavy science or literature in conversation you're probably suffering from low self esteem. Your "smart moments" are because you believe your perceived value is lower than theirs, so to fix your ego issues you must self-qualify. You have to put aside your vanity if you want to relate to the other 95% of the human population.

Every dude I've ever talked to who gets into heavy discussion quickly comes off as a serious tryhard, because why would a girl give a shit about cosmology when she should instead be respecting your sexual nature? Fuck lectures, I've been to enough of those.

The way to fix this is to learn to enjoy elderly chatter. The degree of your intelligence will also determine the amount of pop culture and humor you must talk about to keep yourself entertained while chatting with women, though this will cost you lays. Are you a movie buff? Then talk about how Pulp Fiction is the most badass movie ever because ""... "". Instead of trying to tickle your brain with intellectual bullshit (which I find highly overrated), pay attention to what gets the panties wet. Once you have learned to satisfy your hindbrain you won't look back.

Messages In This Thread