rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nonpareil's China Adventures

Nonpareil's China Adventures

Quote: (05-14-2012 01:17 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2012 07:38 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

What kind of openers are you using? I don't understand how simple Elderly openers or asking for directions could be frowned upon by these girls...

I've never been to China, but this doesn't surprise me at all. Some cultures are very reserved. I could see Chinese girls being startled by some random foreigner coming up to them out of the blue and talking to them.

Me neither, but I wasn't referring to a cold approach. Just an indirect 'ask for directions' approach, which should be very common specially if it comes from a foreigner.

The way you take it after that line its a whole different story though.

Thanks for adding more insight Cr33pin and Nonpareil. Really appreciate it.

@Nonpareil: Yes I'm studying very hard and I'm at a conversational Mandarin level with limited vocabulary (aprox. 500 words or so). And yes I do play, taking an electric axe and an acoustic axe sounds really good, but I would only do it if I would be staying more than 6 months.

Which makes me want to ask. As a foreigner without a job contract, what is the longest time the PRC can allow you to stay there? I mean like finding an appartment and paying rent for a good while (maybe 1 year?). I want to experience China to its fullest, not just a little vacation trip.

Messages In This Thread